Advances in veterinary medicine and veterinary surgery have been kept close to those in human surgery. Our surgeons perform various procedures, including advanced orthopedics (e.g., TPLO, cruciate repair, fracture repair).
Pet Surgery in Berkeley, California
Why Choose Pet Surgery at PETS Referral Center?
At PETS Referral Center, we recognize that pet surgery is an important milestone in your pet’s health journey, and we treat it with great care. This is why we provide exceptional pet surgery services:
- Expert Surgical Team: Our surgeons are not just skilled professionals; they are compassionate individuals who understand the emotional depth of the bond between pets and their families. With years of experience, our team ensures that your pet receives the highest standard of surgical care.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: Our Berkeley center is equipped with advanced technology, which allows us to perform a wide range of surgical procedures with precision and efficiency. From routine surgeries to complex interventions, we have the tools to provide the best possible outcomes for your pet.
- Comprehensive Consultations: Before any surgery, we conduct thorough consultations to understand your pet’s unique needs. This personalized approach allows us to tailor our surgical interventions to the individual requirements of your furry friend.
- Post-Operative Care: Surgery is just one part of the process. Our commitment extends to the postoperative period, ensuring your pet receives the necessary care and attention during recovery.
The Benefits for Your Pet
- Improved Quality of Life: Many surgeries are conducted to enhance your pet’s quality of life, from orthopedic procedures that improve mobility to corrective surgeries that alleviate discomfort.
- Extended Lifespan: In some cases, surgery can be life-saving. Whether removing a tumor or addressing a congenital condition, our surgical interventions aim to give your pet a longer, healthier life.
- Expert Care for Specialized Needs: Some pets require specialized surgical care. At PETS Referral Center, we have the expertise to handle complex cases, providing solutions for conditions that may be challenging to treat elsewhere.
- Emotional Support: We understand that pet surgery can be an emotional experience. Our team is here not only to care for your pet but also to offer support and guidance to you, the pet parent, during every step of the process.
Veterinary Services in Berkeley, California
Dr. John Moser
Dr. John Moser grew up in Huntsville, AL, and received his Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine from Auburn University in 2010. He completed a small animal rotating internship the following year in Waltham, MA. In addition, Dr. Moser completed specialized internships in surgery both in Las Vegas, Nevada, and Columbia, South Carolina.
His passion for surgery and continued commitment to outstanding animal care led him to pursue a surgical residency in a private specialty practice in Melbourne, Florida. Dr. Moser completed his surgical training in July 2016 and became a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons in 2018. He contributed to the advancement of the veterinary medical field through scientific journal publications and presentations at the Brevard County Veterinary Medical Association and Veterinary Orthopedic Society Conference. Furthermore, Dr. Moser is pleased to share his knowledge and support the local
veterinary community. Dr. Moser is experienced in a broad range of orthopedic and soft tissue surgeries including TPLO, fracture repair, luxating patella repair, emergency surgeries, and cancer surgery. Dr. Moser has special experience in ureteral, urethral, and tracheal stent placement; flexible endoscopy; laparoscopy; thoracoscopy; and arthroscopy.
Dr. John Moser enjoys spending time with his family: his wonderful wife Natasha and loyal canine companion Clara. His hobbies include surfing, reading, and cooking.
Dr. Lauren Meltzer
I grew up in Los Gatos, California, and earned a bachelor’s degree in Biology from Washington University in St. Louis. I attended veterinary school at Purdue University and earned my Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in 2011. I went on to complete a small animal rotating internship at Iowa State University. Following my internship, I spent three years in a small animal general practice in Northern Indiana. It was during that time that I developed a passion for surgery. I went on to complete multiple small animal surgery internships in Texas, Maryland, Colorado, and Maryland. I completed my small animal surgery residency at BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Southfield, Michigan.
I am extremely happy to be back in the Bay Area after so many years away. In my free time, I enjoy hiking, cooking, reading, and spending time with my husband and our two cats.